Friday, November 20, 2009

Live life. Take Pictures.



Many changes have entered my life recently...alot of good things, and some not so good things.

I've had to come to terms with a personal loss, and learn how to look forward. Decisions have been made, paint chips selected, and I'm making a list and checking it twice.

Ever since I've made the choice to let certain things go, I've never felt more free and clear-headed about my life, about where I belong, and about how open I am to this journey set at my feet.

I feel it so deep in my bones that I am meant to be right where I am, and right where I will end up in the coming months. I'm good! I'm happy and smiling again and have an extra piece of vertebrae as a result of this departure.

In the midst of it all, friends and family have supported me. Co-workers have let me off the hook for being grumpy at times, and my beautiful children have been my strength. I know, sounds cliche but it's true!



OK ok, I'll quit getting all melodramatic on you :)
I left my boyfriend of 4 years (well, almost...3 years, 11 months, 1 day to be exact...so much for an anniversary right? LOL).

I won't go into detail because really, I just don't need to, but it just didn't work and I wasn't happy. Even though we both tried, in the end...well, it was just that: the end.
Sad. I know.

Bottom line, I realized we are not only 2 different people, but too different. And that makes a difference.

The love will always be there between us but it takes more than that to withstand, stabilize, and maintain a relationship.

So at the beginning of the end of this year, I move to the square in front of me, I move out and move on.

And through it all I have my new baby by my side...as my motto these days is to look forward, not behind....to live life and take pictures.

Enter my Canon EOS. Ah yes, a fancy-schmancy contraption of marvellous mechanical abilities! An entry-level, sure, but good Lord do I feel like a rockstar with it in my little hands! I'm capturing all these moments in my new life now with a camera that is (and I will get melodramatic now) meant for me :D

Life really is good these days...2010 will be my year, I know it! :)


No comments: