Friday, November 27, 2009

Calendar Launch - Hot Moms for Charity!!






Two things:
First, sorrrry I have not been around lately.
Moving. Packing. Unpacking. Painting. Cutting Trim. Oh, and sleeping :)

Secondly, lots has been going on business-wise as well. This post is a little late as per the above stated reasons, but here's the latest!

urbanLove was in attendance for a calendar launch held in the last week November. I had donated stationery pieces for Hot Moms for Charity who did a fundraiser supporting an organization called SWIM: Single Women in Motherhood.

SWIM raises awareness for and about single mothers who juggle life and careers, empowering them to succeed to their fullest positive potential (http://www.singlewomeninmotherhood.com/)

Hot Moms for Charity saw this as a great opportunity to help out in a cause that is close to their hearts, so enter the idea for a calendar of hot moms! It was originated by Angela Rivard and friend Yaira Estrada who works for a photography company, Last Forty Percent, who of course did all the photography for the shoot. There are more awesome pictures on their site if'n you feel like taking a gander: http://www.hotmomsforcharity.com/

They held it at a pretty swanky establishment called Cello Supper Club (pronounced CHello). There was a live DJ (who had turn tables!! I didn't know they still did that!! How old school!), or-derves (obv. I need to go back to said old school and learn how to spell), and a VERY Sex and the City crowd of socialites. Fun times!!

I purchased a calendar from last night's event and as you can see from the images I've posted, the photos in the calendar are very nicely done bein both sexy and tasteful. It just goes to show how hot moms can be!!
AND!! since I donated some art, I had special mention on the back of the calendar as well! Yay advertising!

Working mothers, single or not, are a hard-working group of ladies and it's great to see people who acknowledge and encourage us cause it's difficult most times to raise kids, pay the bills and find time for us to decompress, especially though if we are single. It's just harder on your own so it's fantastic and a bit of an ego boost to see that others support us :)

I also think they should do a Hot Dads calendar too, because there are alot of single Dads out there who juggle all these items as well and they too should have some rays of the spot light :)

So yeah, last night was great (all except for the $70 parking ticket [$40 if I pay in 7 days] that I found secured beneath my windsheild wiper, because apparently I don't know how to use those bloody parking ticket spitter-outter machines properly) and I had SUCH an AWESOME time meeting new people and others in the industry.

I hope to work with both HMFC and SWIM in the near future again!

1 comment:

Last Forty Percent said...

It was great to see you that night. Hope you're doing awesome-ly :)