Sunday, August 16, 2009

Baby showers and Ba-Dunka-Dunk Tanks!











WOW!!!
Whatta weekend!
Jam freakin' packed with fun-filled activities, cool peeps and of course, like I can get enough of this: SUN!!!

It started out Friday night with a Girls Night Out with my long-time close friend Lisa. She was down from Calgary visiting with her husband and daughter and called me up basically saying "Alright. You, me, the bar and some drinks. You game?" Ummm of course!!

We joined her and our friend Lisa (stop me if you heard this one: 3 Lisa's walk into a bar...) and had a FANTASTICAL time grooving to the new dance-hop tunes that frequent mainstream radio now-a-days, haha. We were Cougarific! :)

Ok wait, maybe 30-somethings don't qualify as Cougar's...I think more Puma's? Cougars-in-Training? Either way I was milking the fact I was about a decade older than half the crowd; it personally didn't bother me at all. It's all about growing old gracefully while shaking your ass on the dance floor ;)

Unfortunately I did not bring my camera for this event. I really didn't want to be responsible for it, truth be told. How can you catch a decent groove with a small but obvious piece of machinery in your hand? Raving with a camera? Don't work.

So I let one of the other ladies do all the picture taking. Once I get some images I may upload them on here...maybe ;)

The next day I headed to Londontown to my good friend Deb's house. She and her man Tony are about to become 1st time parents!! I'm super duper excited for them both.

I can't say enough how having and loving your child expands your heart in ways you can't possibly imagine. I can definitely admit that I consider both my kids my soulmates. I love them so dearly and would not be as complete a person I am without them.

It was a pretty low-key shower. Tony emailed me quite a while ahead of time to ask for advice and suggestion on games and decoration and advice and suggestion I had! He originally planned to have a couple of her girlfriends take her to the spa but plans changed so we all headed over for 1pm and enjoyed the summer weather in the backyard of their new home.

Deb gave me the dime tour; beauiful house indeed. The baby's room is lime-freaking-green!! I love lime-freaking-green! So, I had to take a pic :)

There was a light snack and lots of beverages to go around, great company and conversation. Good times had by all.

I could not stay long as I had other previous engagements with family out of town and about an hour or so drive from Deb and Tony's so mid-afternoon I headed out to join my family for a going away/fund raising event for my cousin Owen and his girlfriend Emily.

Owen and Emily got accepted at a college in East Ontario so both sides of the families got together for a homegrown Fair. Food, fun, games, a pretty big crowd, music, balloons, laughter...

No lie. There was a dunk tank.
And I totally went in it to help raise money for their tuition. As per attached fotos.

Everyone took a turn; various relatives of Emily's, my Aunt and Uncle(Owen's parents), me, Nick and even Owen's 67 year old Grandma got up there!! Now THAT'S living life!

We stayed till the bitter end or pretty close to it. Nick and I had to get our son home for a bath and bedtime so at 8:30 we pulled out of the driveway and headed home.

It was a perfect day.
It was a great weekend!
How was yours?

No comments: