Saturday, October 3, 2009

Western Fair Bridal Expo 2009






Ooops, I did it again
I set up a booth
Got lost in the game
Oh baby baby
Ooops you checked out my cards
And said they were awwwwesome
That I'm so.damn.creative.

I cannot beLIEVE I just loosely quote Brit-Brit, but that's a catchy song so...deal with it :)

Last weekend urbanLove was a vendor at the Western Fair Bridal Expo 2009.
I loved our location, I loved our booth and LOVED the lime green silky fabric that I found last minute to cover the table.
Where, you ask?
HA! Len's Mills, $4/yard baby. It made everything on the table, pop.
It looked (in the words of my secret love Perez Hilton) faboosh.
I kinda sorta rocked it ;)

Overall in attendance, there were around 800 Brides the whole weekend. Not that I handed out 800 business cards, because unfortunately not everyone has a chance to get to EVERY booth, but I did go through the whole lot of cards that I had printed, and also handed out all the mini padding board info sheets that I had created as well.

As you can see from the many images I've attached, we had a good time as per usual. We chatted with many a Bride and Groom and even had a few couples enjoy the same-sex wedding invitations that are offered by urbanLove (can't wait till Gay Pride!)

We networked with so many others in the industry, including another invitationer from Chatham who does the whole "tri-folded metallic cardstock and silky ribbons" deal. She does very nice work I must admit and seemed to have had quite the response...but I am a little partial to my creations :) And so were many other Brides so...yay!

But it was great to see a show that offered a couple different kinds of wedding stationery, even if on some level, we were competitors. But it's nice to have a choice, right? Right.

I had been contacted a little while ago by Brianna from Last Forty Percent Photography as she happened across my little blog and praised my work. Not only were they at the show, but they were the booth across from us!! It was nice to see a face to the name :) Gorgeous work too, check them out at lastfortypercent.com and take a look at the waterfall pictures!! AMAZING!!

I had such a good time that I cannot wait until the January show!!


No comments: