Saturday, February 14, 2009

le Theatre

Last night I went with my girlfriend Nicole to see a play at our local Community Theatre House called Bedtime Stories. I will try and get a little more descriptive beyond "it was gooood", but no guarantees, lol.

The play was loosely based on the theory "if these walls could talk" or rather, that's what I took from it. It was about several couples and how their lives unfold in a bedroom; from a couple in their mid-fifties who were being paid to have sex on air to increase ratings, to a man dying in his bed who gave forgiveness to an old flame, to a burglary, to a pending divorce. All the stories were connected by characters or happenings and ended quite nicely with the "pending divorce" couple reconnecting where else, but on a bed.

I don't know about you but I don't think I could kiss my fellow actor in front of a crowd like that, lol. Kudos to those who can pull that off!

Anyways, it was a cute play, I really enjoyed it and as I said to my friend as we left, we should come back on a regular basis and dip into our cultural side!

No comments: