Sunday, September 14, 2008

My 1st Bridal Show





Holyohmygooddness!
I launched my business 6 weeks ago and have already got a Bridal Show underneath my belt! WHOOPIE! I's doin' good!

So yeah, if you can't already tell, this blog is about my 1st bridal expo. Set up was initially supposed to be on Friday night but seeing as though I had nothing but a small box of supplies, a bag of green bricks (yes. lime green bricks), a rolled up vinyl sign, a chair and a portfolio, I simply asked if I could show up on Saturday an hour before the show to set up because it wasn't going to take me long.

I got permission to do so and it took me all of 35 minutes between going back and forth to my car for the bricks (someone forgot how heavy those suckers can get) and the other supplies and displaying them on the table provided.

I wasn't sure what to expect. I was a little nervous because although I liked my designs, I realized that for some people they may be too bold and outrageous. Not everyone can handle colour, lol.

Anyways to make a long story short, I rocked it! People LOVED my designs, they commented so many times on how fun and colourful they were, how it was really great to see something with these design elements in a wedding invitation, and how some of my designs had a sense of humour which seemed to reflect the personality of several brides that stopped by.

Everyone loved them! Well most of everyone. I realize that not every bride is looking for something as unique and different as I was offering, and there was alot of selection at the expo in terms of invites; traditional "from Grandma's era" styles to beautiful thick metallic cardstock, to pocketfolds...

It was a great weekend, and a long one (I. am. whooped.) but one that I won't forget! I've included some images; one being a sketch I did a few weeks ago when I was trying to blueprint my booth in my mind, and the others are, as you can see, from the Expo itself.

Had a great time, looking forward to the next one! Maybe I'll see YOU there!

No comments: